Monday, January 31, 2011

My grandpa's house by Ana

My family always goes to my grandpa's house every week. My favorite place there is the pond where we hike. The hike is hard, but it is worth it because you get to see the clear water.

When the sky is crystal clear, I see shapes and animals in the clouds. I can hear the frogs croaking and I know they want to play. The pathway we take is all dirt. So, I hate when the musty sand kicks up into my nose. Now that the thorny bushes have not been trimmed, it is hard to walk through, although we still do. As I walk I love to hear the birds tweet in the wind. Sometimes I get a thorn stuck into my jacket and I scream OUCH! It feels like a bee sting.

When I pick up the sand it slithers through my fingers like a snake and it is very ticklish. When we walk on the trail, we are careful of the hungry mean rattle snakes and the wild coyotes. When we finish our day at the pond we head back up towards the house and sit on the back porch to look at all the lights in Chatsworth.

I will never forget my grandpa's house because I always have a blast there. That is why it is my special place.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Great imagery. Great writing, Ana!