Monday, January 31, 2011

My grandpa's house is my special place by Emma

My grandpa has a beautiful house in Rocky Peak. We have to go hiking together every couple of weeks. My grandpa's house is my special place because it's so quiet and peaceful. At night, there is a beautiful view.

When we are up there I can smell the minty sage, the bristle from the bushes and the swampy pond. I can touch the rough rocks when I throw them into the pond and my hiking stick that I try to grasp quickly before I fall on the steep rocks. I can hear the lizards scampering by and the trains blowing their horns as they pass through the tunnel at the bottom of the mountain. I can taste the water and minty smell from the sage.

When we reach the top of the mountain I can see the lovely view. The sky is often bright blue with a little hint of green. At the top of the mountain I see an old safe from long ago and it keeps people's money safe while moving from one place to another. I also spot a plaque that is white tile with words on it telling us that the ancient people crossed there. I think that is so cool! I will NEVER forget hiking with my Grandpa in his backyard. It is very special to me.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Way to pull in all the senses, Emma!